>> Utah Rivers
>> Daniel's Creek
Daniel's Creek is a very small stream that runs from the top of
Daniel's Canyon (Hwy 40 South of Heber) down into Heber. It is
occasionally stocked by the DWR with catchable sized
The nice thing about this little creek is that is has easy access. Along
nearly the entire canyon you can pull off and try fishing the little
stream, although it doesn't support a large trout population due to its
small size and potential for overfishing.
- From Heber head south on Hwy 40 up into Daniel's Canyon.
- Park at any of the pullout areas, such as Center Creek.
- Statewide Trout/Salmon/Grayling limit: 4 fish (in the aggregate)
- Try tiny worms (not nightcrawlers) tossed into the holes and under
bushes or near undercut banks.
- Especially in late summer, a small live grasshopper can produce.
- These fish spook easy in the clear water of this small stream, so
stay low, wear darker colors that blend with the trees, and approach
holes from downstream.