Launch Ramp: The boat ramp is open and wedge dock is still in. All courtesy docks have been removed from the water.
Campground: Mountain View Campground is open. It is $25/night. Beach Campground is open with electricity only and is $18/night. The primitive campgrounds are open year round.
Additional Fishing Info:
- The fish cleaning station is open.
- For Starvation’s “fishing” page click here
- For DWR fishing report click here
Ice Thickness: There is no ice on Starvation yet. We expect it to start forming in the next two weeks.
- Mountain View Campground is open. You can camp there for $25 per night with electricity and water, or $28 per night with sewer too. All extra vehicles are half the camp site price rounded up.
- Beach Campground is closed but you can still camp there for $18/night with electricity only. All extra vehicles are half the camp site price rounded up.
- All primitive campgrounds are open year round. Indian Bay is $15 per vehicle per night and Rabbit, Juniper and Knight Hollow are $12 per night.
- The Group Area is open and is $100 per night for 25 people. Additional people will be charged $3 per person at the gate.
- A new group area will open this summer in Indian Bay Campground. It will take the place of sites 16 and 17. More information to come!
Last Updated: December 6, 2016
The Central Utah Water Conservancy District maintains a website with up to date weather and reservoir status information. Click on the tab below if this interests you.
CUWCD RESERVOIR STATUS
Starvation Reservoir is a large Bureau of Reclamation Reservoir of the
Strawberry River in the Uinta Basin. The shoreline used to be 100%
publicly owned, but some land has been sold to private entities in
Yellow Perch were recently introduced to Starvation Reservoir, and it has
now become popular with some Utah anglers that love to target the smaller
but tasty relatives of the Walleye.