Launch Ramp: The boat ramp is open and all docks are in water.
Campground: Mountain View Campground is open. It is $25/night. Beach Campground is closed, but you can camp there for $18/night with electricity only. Primitive campgrounds are open year round.
Additional Fishing Info:
- The fish cleaning station is closed.
- For Starvation’s “fishing” page click here
- For DWR fishing report click here
Ice Thickness: The ice is gone.
- Mountain View Campground is open. You can camp there for $25 per night with electricity and water, or $28 per night with sewer too. All extra vehicles are half the camp site price rounded up.
- Beach Campground and Group Area are closed. You can still camp at the beach with electricity only for $18 per night per vehicle. The water is off so there is no restroom or shower.
- All primitive campgrounds are open year round. Indian Bay is $15 per vehicle per night and Rabbit, Juniper and Knight Hollow are $12 per night.
Last Updated: April 24, 2016
The Central Utah Water Conservancy District maintains a website with up to date weather and reservoir status information. Click on the tab below if this interests you.
CUWCD RESERVOIR STATUS
Starvation Reservoir is a large Bureau of Reclamation Reservoir of the
Strawberry River in the Uinta Basin. The shoreline used to be 100%
publicly owned, but some land has been sold to private entities in
Yellow Perch were recently introduced to Starvation Reservoir, and it has
now become popular with some Utah anglers that love to target the smaller
but tasty relatives of the Walleye.