>> Community Ponds
>> Salt Lake County >> Oquirrh Lake
Oquirrh Lake - Utah's Community (Urban) Fisheries
- Location: Within the Daybreak community, Oquirrh Lake is
approximately 4500 west and between 10400 south and 11400 south in
South Jordan, Utah.
- Directions: From Bangerter Hwy, turn west on either 10400 south or
11400 south. Continue west on either street until you arrive at the
- Size: 67 acres (Because of its meandering shape, the perimeter of
Oquirrh Lake is 3.4 miles.)
- Hours: Dawn to dusk
- Daily bag & possession limit: 2 fish total
- This isnít mandatory, but the Division encourages you to release
all bass at community waters.
- Boating & floating: Boating is limited to Daybreak residents.
No floating allowed
- Likely catch: Bluegill, channel catfish, largemouth bass, rainbow
- Site extras: Because of its unusual meandering shape, Oqurrh Lake
is nearly one mile from the North Bay to the dam on the south end.
Oquirrh Lake features 67 acres of surface water, but above the
shoreline, the beaches, docks, trails, grassy picnic areas, wetlands
and natural habitat brings the project total to approximately 137
- Site rules: Boating is for residents only. Fishing is allowed on
the perimeter of Oquirrh Lake. Fishing is not allowed on the island,
which is only accessible by trail. Fishermen must use a valid Utah
fishing license and abide by those regulations.
- Handicap access: Yes
Oquirrh Lake is an amenity in the Daybreak community. Special thanks to
representatives of Daybreak for providing the above information.
Portions Copyright Utah Division of Wildlife Resources